Greetings ladies and gents, hope everyone's week is going well. This past week has been kind of dull news wise. I personally just want spring break to be here. I also don't really have anyone worthy of a weekly shout-out so I guess I'll skip that too. I did however just got done writing a paper about abortion and how the views on it differ cross-culturally throughout the world. I also just saw something fascinating on CNN, a small toddler less than 2 years old is using medical marijuana, what has our world come to? Oh and some crap is going on in Wisconsin or something.
That's right, a small toddler is now using medical marijuana to treat the side effects of brain tumor medication. Isn't that a tad bit ridiculous? I really hope the child makes it through everything but giving him marijuana at that age seems over the top. Is there really nothing else they can give the kid? Also to put things on the record, I am actually for the distribution of medical marijuana.
And some stuff is going on in Wisconsin. Stephen Colbert hilariously referred it to trouble in the middle-west, a parody to the news headline in Egypt, trouble in the middle-east. Democratic state senators actually fled the state in an effort to disallow the voting on a bill that in their view would crash the state economy. If you want to find out more, watch last night's Colbert Report, it was pretty awesome. If you really want to know what's going on, go check a news website or something.
Now on to that paper I wrote about Abortion. Let me just say that China is absolutely ridiculous when it comes to their abortion policy. They actually force mothers to abort their fetuses if they see any genetic abnormality or think they are not strong enough to continue the genetic line. What they are doing is nothing short of what the Spartans did when they threw out babies that they saw as weak. I want to say that I am for abortion. I believe the mother has the right to choose whether to have her baby or not past a certain point. If you're nearing the 3rd trimester, you probably should've decided whether you wanted to have the baby or not. When it gets to that point, it should only be a medical emergency to allow an abortion.
Anyways, kind of a boring blog post, but I wanted to get it done before I left for work and nothing really interesting has happened. I hope everyone has an awesome week and if you're in college an awesome spring break. As always, in the words of the great Ron Burgundy, "You stay classy, Planet Earth."
No comments:
Post a Comment