Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Week of January 23rd: My First Post

Hey Everyone! As part of a class I'm taking this semester, I'm supposed to create a blog and post on it once a week. I couldn't really decide what to blog about so I decided to just write about whatever I feel like. I didn't want to restrict myself to writing about one thing every week, (that would get a little dull after awhile). You're going to hear about everything from sports to world events. Just a heads up, I'm a Boston sports fan so if my posts about sports seem a little biased, deal with it. I also like watching The Daily Show and The Colbert Report and try to keep updated on current events. Unfortunately most of my information comes from those two shows. But hey, Jon Stewart was voted as the most trusted newscaster in America and he runs a satirical news show, what does that say about America, hmmm?
So things in Egypt are getting worse, today thousands of Americans are being evacuated by means of charter flights. What thousands of Americans were doing in Egypt all at once is beyond me but I wish them a safe return. How much longer this nut job Mubarak will remain in power is beyond me. Hopefully he'll finally get the hint that people really don't like him THAT much. I mean who banishes cellphones?
Something really caught my attention this week. A mother in Tampa, Florida killed her two teenage children for being mouthy. You heard me right, KILLED. Apparently they were having attitude problems, which is unheard of kids in their teen years (ha...ha..). She shot her 13-year old sun as she drove him to soccer practice and proceeded to drive home to shoot her 16-year old daughter as she was on her computer in her room. It made me think the time I got grounded in 6th grade for kicking a kid in the head wasn't really that bad of a punishment... Just remember kids, no matter how much you may hate your parents for punishing you, there's always worse people out there. My thoughts go out to the family and friends of the children (minus the mother).
So as I write this blog I'm watching the Pro Bowl and it's ugly. The NFC is leading 35-0 with 7 minutes left in the quarter. But my boy Devin McCourty got an interception so it's all good I guess....not really. I was kind of hoping for a better game but there's still another half to play so we'll see what happens. Also the Super Bowl is next week and during a class of mine this past week the professor asked us who we though was going to win the Super Bowl. I was in the "don't give a damn section" not because I don't like football but because I just wanted the Jets and Fatmouth Ryan to be gone. So I'm content with whoever wins, however I'm leaning towards wanting the Packers to win, but thinking the Steelers will end up winning. As long as it isn't 35-0 before the half I'll be happy.
Well that's all I got for this week, not a whole lot but then again this is my first post so hopefully I'll get better at finding out what the hell is going on in our crazy mixed up universe of ours. I hope everyone has a good week and in the words of the great Ron Burgundy "You stay classy planet earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment